The view of the backyard from my mom's house

The view of the backyard from my mom's house
That light fixture is now gone, sadly.

Sunday, April 11, 2010

It's mid-April, which is a bit frightening. This time of year always shoots like a roller coaster through to early June and graduation, or culmination celebrations, or whatever it is we need to call eighth grade finishing time.

There are so many things to plan for and to stage. This is also the time of year when I look wistfully at many students and get teary-eyed for their imminent departure from my life. Sure, many will continue at our school's high school, and then I'll be able to see them periodically, but some will go off to other schools, and I will miss them all. I think this attachment to students is an essential part of why I love working in a school, but it does have a downside. I am a softie, that's true.

I do love working in a school. It's kind of like being in a big play with lots of actors and lines to deliver and a director in charge of the whole shebang. There is stress and excitement and knowing that you are not alone in whatever the mission is. I do like that aspect a lot.

Wish me luck!

No comments: