The view of the backyard from my mom's house

The view of the backyard from my mom's house
That light fixture is now gone, sadly.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Another Sunday night. I wonder what this week will bring? Will students implode? Will parents flip out? Will the kids be so jazzed by the aspect of a four-day weekend that little real work will take place? Will I lose my patience? Will I get H1N1?

This will be the first time in six years that I am not actively sitting in parent/teacher conferences. I will try to help everyone move smoothly through their rotations, and I may have some shortish conferences for a few standout cases, but I am not sitting in the typical English teacher spot, talking to parents about their children's writing and reading and homework. Wow, that is actually kind of a big deal. I wonder if I will miss it, or if it will be a relief?

The antibacterial soap at school hurts my finger tips.

No comments: