The view of the backyard from my mom's house

The view of the backyard from my mom's house
That light fixture is now gone, sadly.

Saturday, October 31, 2009


It's Halloween, 2009. I don't care for this holiday much anymore. It used to be kind of fun with the kids, getting them dressed up and going out trick-or-treating, but now that they don't do that, and I am simply haunted by the candy I keep for the few neighbor kids, it just adds up to a rather tense evening.

Wow, what a bummer for me! I have got to lighten up here.

It was fun to watch the middle school students dress up for their costume contest on Thursday. Some excellent imagination and flair for drama there.

I think it's basically the candy that ultimately depresses me. I get depressed if I don't allow myself to eat it, and I get depressed if I do. No winning here.

I need a good movie to watch. Or a trip to northern Italy.

No comments: