The view of the backyard from my mom's house

The view of the backyard from my mom's house
That light fixture is now gone, sadly.

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Yesterday was the kind of day at school that had me thinking biggish thoughts by 6 p.m. The kinds of biggish thoughts that kept me from my morning intention of going to see that Keats movie. The kinds of biggish thoughts that one thinks when one is considering one's life span and what matters most to one in that span.

Can you tell it was a tough day?

Student meltdown, parent meltdown, colleague critiques.

I read yesterday that problems are good, that problems are what make this all so interesting. I'm trying to shift my framework to that way of thinking to see if it will help me.

There is probably some Buddhist wisdom that would also help me right here, right now, but I can't remember it.

No comments: